Fundamentals of IRAs Accounts, 401(k) Plans, Self-Directed IRAs, Self-Directed Checkbook IRAs, Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Solo 401k Plans, Checkbook Solo 401k Plans…What are those and why does it matter? Bernard Reisz CPA and J Darrin Gross discuss the basics and advanced self-directed investing strategies on Commercial Real Estate Pro Network Radio Episode: Checkbook IRA with Bernard Reisz.
Checkbook IRA and SDIRA Topics Covered In-Depth
- Why would you use a tax-sheltered IRA for investing?
- Should you use a Roth IRA or Traditional IRA?
- What is the 8th Wonder of the World and what does it have to with SDIRA?
- What investments are allowed for IRA accounts?
- What investments are not allowed for IRA accounts?
- How can you invest in real estate with a Checkbook IRA?
- How can you invest in private lending with an SDIRA? (Hint: You need Checkbook Control)
- What is the optimal investment for a Checkbook IRA?
- What is a Checkbook IRA?
- What is Checkbook Control? Do I need Checkbook Control?
- Are IRA and 401k the same thing? (Hint: They’re not)
- Can I have a Solo 401k?
- Why hasn’t my CPA introduced Self-Directed Retirement Accounts to me?
- Why hasn’t my financial advisor told me about SDIRAs?
- What is UBIT?
- What is UDFI?
- What is UBTI?
- Is UBIT Bad?
- Can UBIT be avoided?
- What are SDIRA Prohibited Transactions?
- Should UDFI deter me from investing in real estate with a Checkbook IRA?
- How can you eliminate UBIT?
For answers to all those SDIRA questions – and many more – listen to this informative podcast episode.