Every Checkbook Solo 401k investor is impacted by the tax innovation introduced by The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The key provision of Tax Reform for Solo 401k adopters to focus on is the new IRC 199A 20% Qualified Business Income – QBI – tax deduction. By definition Solo 401k and QBI go hand-in-hand – and a Solo 401k can help you maximize the value of this impactful tax deduction. Continue reading “Solo 401k & 199A QBI Tax Deduction”
Tax-deductible Solo 401(k) contributions consist of 2 components: (1) Employee Elective Deferrals and (2) Employer Non-Elective Contributions (profit sharing). However, you may have heard various other terms used to describe 401(k) Plan contribution types. Following is a comprehensive guide to Solo 401k contributions, terms, and calculations. Continue reading “Solo 401k Contributions: Understanding & Optimizing”
Real Estate Syndication and Checkbook IRAs & Checkbook 401(k) Plans are the perfect match! Real estate syndicators raise capital for real estate deals and Self-Directed Retirement Accounts could, potentially, provide ~$28,000,000,000,000 to investment sponsors. Checkbook Control Retirement Accounts are the ideal bridge between those that need investment capital and those that have investable tax-sheltered assets.
- What is real estate private lending?
- How can I earn passive income through private lending?
- What are the risks of private lending?
- What are some private lending strategies?
- How to protect your private lending investment?
- How can I invest in private lending TAX-FREE with a Checkbook IRA/401K?
- How can I leverage my IRA/401k to get into real estate investing?
- How can I leverage private lending to learn real estate?
- Crypto-to-Crypto Capital Gains
- Crypto-to-Fiat Taxation
- Taxation of crypto-gifting
- Taxation of crypto-mining
- Crypto-tax for non-US citizens
- Business entities for crypto-investing and trading – LLCs and C-corps
- Tax treatment of inherited cryptocurrency
- 1031 like-kind exchanges for crypto-to-crypto transactions: Utility Tokens vs Digital Currency (Bitcoin, Monero, Ethereum, Zcash, etc.)
- Tax Basis Calculations: FIFO, LIFO, HIFO, Specific Identification, Average Cost
- Taxation of ICOs – Initial Coin Offerings
- Hard Forks, Air Drops
- The Cryptocurrency Tax Fairness Act
- Ordinary income vs. short-term gain vs. long-term gain
- Tax-free retirement accounts (Solo 401K, Checkbook IRA-LLC) for crypto investing
- The IRS and Virtual Currency: Chainalysis, Coinbase John Doe Summons
- FBAR (FinCEN 114), FATCA